Families come to Kepplewray for many different reasons:
• as a single family – or several close families combined – to be able to undertake some outdoor activities together
• a gathering of the wider family group – some or all of whom could also do activities
• for a celebration with family and friends of an important milestone or achievement
Whatever the reason, Kepplewray is a fantastic homely venue and is a very family orientated building offering a "home cooked" food - which can be tailored to your specific requirements.
The key is that, whatever the reason for the get together, you all have fun – and we will play our part in trying to ensure that.
A short break can leave parents feeling relaxed, as the activity instructors lead the family through a range of exhilarating outdoor activities which can be tailored for your family such that they are suitable for as many generations that wish to take part. We can cater for all, from the timid to the most adventurous, and can guide you on land, water or a rock face.
At the other end of the spectrum, you may just want to spend time sitting in one of our comfortable lounges – perhaps having lit the open fire – catching up, chatting with each other over a cup of tea – or maybe reminiscing about times gone by.
If it is a celebratory meal and/or an evening party with some music for you all to enjoy that is required – you can achieve any of this at Kepplewray.
- The Kepplewray Centre exceeds all Health & Safety requirements and has a £5 million Public Liability Indemnity.
- All Kepplewray staff who are responsible for any regulated activity relating to children, as defined in the September 2013 Amendment to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, are DBS cleared to the enhanced level.
- All our activity staff have nationally recognised instructor qualifications, and all activities undergo a thorough risk assessment, which are documented and available upon request.
- All activity staff are first aid qualified, as are all the "on call" duty staff.
- A member of Kepplewray staff is on call 24 hours a day.
- We take the well being of our guests extremely seriously, and all visitors to the site are monitored and supervised.
- Kepplewray is inspected by the Adventurous Activities Licensing Service; holds the Adventure Mark; is recognised by Learning Outside the Classroom; is a member of the Institute for Outdoor Learning and is a training and assessment centre for The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
Many families will arrange a return visit to Kepplewray at the same time as others in their group, demonstrating the great time they have had and the relationships that have been built.
We can't wait to introduce you to Kepplewray and the exceptional environment on our doorstep, so why not call 01229 716936 or complete the 'Find out more' form on the right hand side of this page!