We believe that bringing young people from all walks of life together for outdoor activities and challenges, can enhance their personal development and their ability to assimilate new facts when beginning further education.
The Kepplewray Centre can, working in partnership with Further Education Establishments, provide an opportunity for young people to expand their horizons, develop their communication skills and, perhaps more importantly, learn to work together as part of a new team. At the same time they will enhance their social skills and have fun.
Ahead of a visit to Kepplewray our instructors are happy to liaise with you to create an experience that can support the students in their academic studies.
"The staff were extremely polite and helpful. Activities were excellent and instructors were fun and worked really well with the young people"
Group Leader National Citizen Service
"Another brilliant time at Kepplewray. All staff are very knowledgeable, helpful and very understanding to our students"
The Kepplewray Centre offers both able bodied and disabled people, the fantastic opportunity to participate fully alongside their peers in a safe and secure environment with fully qualified instructors.
Our ethos is "Realising Everyone's Potential" through:
- Strong relationships
- Recognising the need that everyone, whatever their ability, should be able to fully participate in activities.
- The Kepplewray Centre exceeds all Health & Safety requirements and has a £5 million Public Liability Indemnity.
- All Kepplewray staff who are responsible for any regulated activity relating to children, as defined in the September 2013 Amendment to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, are DBS cleared to the enhanced level.
- All our activity staff have nationally recognised instructor qualifications, and all activities undergo a thorough risk assessment, which are documented and available upon request.
- All activity staff are first aid qualified, as are all the "on call" duty staff.
- A member of Kepplewray staff is on call 24 hours a day.
- We take the well being of our guests extremely seriously, and all visitors to the site are monitored and supervised.
- Kepplewray is inspected by the Adventurous Activities Licensing Service; holds the Adventure Mark; is recognised by Learning Outside the Classroom; is a member of the Institute for Outdoor Learning and is a training and assessment centre for The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
Many groups choose to return to Kepplewray time and again, demonstrating how satisfied they are with the way the Centre helps the group fulfil its objectives. The entire team at Kepplewray aim to promote learning and self-development, which will empower our visitors in their normal environment.
We can't wait to introduce you to Kepplewray and the exceptional environment on our doorstep, so why not call 01229 716936 or complete the 'Find out more' form on the right hand side!