We believe that every young person, whatever their age, ability or circumstances, should have the opportunity to experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of learning and personal development. The Kepplewray Centre provides the opportunity for them to expand their horizons, develop their communication skills whilst working as part of a team, progress their social skills and have fun, all of which will increase their level of confidence.
See our Kepplewray Schools Brochure.pdf
Ahead of a visit to Kepplewray, our instructors are happy to liaise with the school to discuss which activities would best support and enhance the teaching programme of the group.
"The staff were extremely polite and helpful. Activities were excellent and instructors were fun and worked really well with the young people"
Group Leader National Citizen Service
The Kepplewray Centre offers both able bodied and disabled people, a fantastic opportunity to participate fully alongside their peers in a wide range of outdoor activities, in a safe and secure environment with fully qualified instructors.
Our ethos is to realise everyone's potential through:
- Strong relationships
- Recognising the need that everyone should be able to participate fully, whatever their level of ability
"Abseiling and rock climbing encouraged a lot of the children to face their fears"
School Teacher from Preparatory Boys School South Yorkshire
" May I thank you all for providing a time of challenge, fun & adventure and giving everyone special memories which will last a lifetime...The children returned home absolutely exhilarated and have not stopped talking about their time there...Thank you all for your time, commitment and patience throughout the week and for always being prepared to go the extra mile".
Head Teacher Sunderland
- The Kepplewray Centre exceeds all Health & Safety requirements and has a £5 million Public Liability Indemnity.
- All Kepplewray staff who are responsible for any regulated activity relating to children, as defined in the September 2013 Amendment to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, are DBS cleared to the enhanced level.
- All our activity staff have nationally recognised instructor qualifications, and all activities undergo a thorough risk assessment, which are documented and available upon request.
- All activity staff are first aid qualified, as are all the "on call" duty staff.
- A member of Kepplewray staff is on call 24 hours a day.
- We take the well being of our guests extremely seriously, and all visitors to the site are monitored and supervised.
- Kepplewray is inspected by the Adventurous Activities Licensing Service; holds the Adventure Mark; is recognised by Learning Outside the Classroom; is a member of the Institute for Outdoor Learning and is a training and assessment centre for The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
Many schools choose to return to Kepplewray every year, demonstrating how satisfied they are with the way the Centre helps the group fulfil its objectives. The entire team at Kepplewray aim to promote self-development in all our visitors, which encourages them to be communicative and responsible in whatever environment they find themselves.
We can't wait to introduce you to Kepplewray and the exceptional landscape on our doorstep, so why not call 01229 716936 or complete the 'Find out more' form on the right hand side of this page!