All activities are delivered with people and their varying level of ability in mind. We focus on what the individual can do and try to enable them to push that bit further by working with them and our adaptive equipment.
We are all individuals and it is very rare when one solution fits all – so the individual is important.
We have certain equipment which can help with some of the activities we offer varying from mobile hoists (that can be used down by the lake or up in the hills) and sliding boards/sheets to specialist harnesses and wheelchairs (used for climbing and abseiling).
Our expert instructors have a real "can do" attitude and approach with the sensitivity to listen and help enable all to achieve.
"The activities were more advanced than anything we'd ever done as a group before, but they were really tailored to our needs, and Chris our activities person was excellent."
"Simply amazing. Everyone was excellent with our group and made us feel welcome whilst tailoring everything to our needs."
David Ward, Ladybarn Project, Manchester
- The Kepplewray Centre exceeds all Health & Safety requirements and has a £5 million Public Liability Indemnity.
- All Kepplewray staff who are responsible for any regulated activity relating to children, as defined in the September 2013 Amendment to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, are DBS cleared to the enhanced level.
- All our activity staff have nationally recognised instructor qualifications, and all activities undergo a thorough risk assessment, which are documented and available upon request.
- All activity staff are first aid qualified, as are all the "on call" duty staff.
- A member of Kepplewray staff is on call 24 hours a day.
- We take the well being of our guests extremely seriously, and all visitors to the site are monitored and supervised.
- Kepplewray is inspected by the Adventurous Activities Licensing Service; holds the Adventure Mark; is recognised by Learning Outside the Classroom; is a member of the Institute for Outdoor Learning and is a training and assessment centre for The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
Many families and groups regularly return to Kepplewray, demonstrating how satisfied they are with the way the Centre works in partnership with the group to give everyone a memorable time. We can't wait to introduce you to Kepplewray and the exceptional natural environment on our doorstep, so why not call 01229 716936 or complete the 'Find out more' form on the right hand side of this page!