As a Scout, Guide, Brownie or Cub leader you're always looking for different experiences for your troop. Whether you take part in our activities only for a day or stay all week, the Kepplewray Centre can introduce the exciting world of the outdoors to your troop in a safe way.
The Centre can also provide secure camping grounds if you would prefer to be under canvas. Wild camping on privately owned land, whether by a lake or part way up a mountain, supervised by our professionally qualified instructors will give a bit of an "edge" to the usual camping experience.
Here at Kepplewray, we can can:
- Create the perfect outdoor experience with personalised activities to meet the needs of your troop, including those with learning and physical disabilities.
- Organise and run badge courses, either for a day or over a weekend with full board included. Our instructors are qualified to deliver courses such as First aid, Finding your way, Team leader, Outdoor Challenges & Adventure Challenges to name but a few.
All Scouts and Guides enjoy both mental and physical challenges, especially if it involves working as a team. Many of the activities at Kepplewray are designed to foster team spirit as well as encouraging individuals to fulfil their own potential. The Centre is the ideal place to:
- Develop physical skills, including the improved ability to cope with outdoor conditions.
- Help build good relationships and long-lasting friendships.
- The Kepplewray Centre exceeds all Health & Safety requirements and has a £5 million Public Liability Indemnity.
- All Kepplewray staff who are responsible for any regulated activity relating to children, as defined in the September 2013 Amendment to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, are DBS cleared to the enhanced level.
- All our activity staff have nationally recognised instructor qualifications, and all activities undergo a thorough risk assessment, which are documented and available upon request.
- All activity staff are first aid qualified, as are all the "on call" duty staff.
- A member of Kepplewray staff is on call 24 hours a day.
- We take the well being of our guests extremely seriously, and all visitors to the site are monitored and supervised.
- Kepplewray is inspected by the Adventurous Activities Licensing Service; holds the Adventure Mark; is recognised by Learning Outside the Classroom; is a member of the Institute for Outdoor Learning and is a training and assessment centre for The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
Many visitors choose to return to Kepplewray every year, demonstrating how satisfied they are with the way the centre helps the group fulfil its objectives. We can't wait to introduce you to Kepplewray and the exceptional natural environment on our doorstep, so why not call 01229 716936 or complete the 'Find out more' form on the right hand side of this page!