Kepplewray is passionate about working with young people and helping them fulfil their potential. We encourage them to be respectful of others with differing abilities, to take care of the community they live in and be successful through their own choices and decisions.
The Kepplewray Experience provides an opportunity for young people to:
- Expand their horizons,
- Develop their communication skills whilst working as part of a team
- Progress their social skills and have fun. All of which will have a positive impact upon their level of confidence
- The Kepplewray Centre offers both able bodied and disabled people, the fantastic opportunity to participate fully alongside their peers in a safe and secure environment with fully qualified instructors.
Our ethos is "Realising Everyone's Potential" through:
- Strong relationships
- Recognising the need that everyone, whatever their ability, should be able to fully participate in activities.
"Warm, friendly environment, helpful patient instructors and good food"
Youth Group North Cumbria
"I had an amazing time, everyone was really nice and I made loads of new friends. Definitely would do again if I had the chance".
Young Person London
- The Kepplewray Centre exceeds all Health & Safety requirements and has a £5 million Public Liability Indemnity.
- All Kepplewray staff who are responsible for any regulated activity relating to children, as defined in the September 2013 Amendment to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, are DBS cleared to the enhanced level.
- All our activity staff have nationally recognised instructor qualifications, and all activities undergo a thorough risk assessment, which are documented and available upon request.
- All activity staff are first aid qualified, as are all the "on call" duty staff.
- A member of Kepplewray staff is on call 24 hours a day.
- We take the well being of our guests extremely seriously, and all visitors to the site are monitored and supervised.
- Kepplewray is inspected by the Adventurous Activities Licensing Service; holds the Adventure Mark; is recognised by Learning Outside the Classroom; is a member of the Institute for Outdoor Learning and is a training and assessment centre for The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
Many groups choose to return to Kepplewray each year, demonstrating how satisfied they are with the way the centre helps the group fulfil its objectives. The entire team at Kepplewray aim to promote learning, self-development and team spirit, which will hopefully give the young visitors more confidence in their normal environments
We can't wait to introduce you to Kepplewray and the exceptional environment on our doorstep, so why not call 01229 716936 or complete the 'Find out more' form on the right hand side!